There are 5 subcommittees representing 6 recovery areas
- The Bitterroot Ecosystem Subcommittee (BE) focuses on the Bitterroot Recovery Ecosystem in the Bitterroot Mountains of east central Idaho and western Montana (5,600 mi 2), however this area does not contain any grizzly bears at this time.
- The North Cascades Ecosystem Subcommittee (NCE) focuses on the North Cascades Recovery Ecosystem of north central Washington (9,500 mi 2) at less than 20 bears
- The Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem (NCDE) subcommittee focuses on the Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem of north central Montana (9,600 mi 2) at more than 400 bears
- The Selkirk/Cabinet-Yaak Ecosystem Subcommittee (SCY) focuses on two recovery areas:
- The Yellowstone Ecosystem Subcommittee (YES) focuses on the Yellowstone Ecosystem in northwest Wyoming, eastern Idaho, and southwest Montana (9,200 mi 2) at more than 580 bears.
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/igbcmaeh/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-faqs/Main.php on line 335