Arranging to Have a Product Tested
What’s New for 2017
- Technical Evaluation Protocol is now posted for testing/evaluation of large steel products (i.e. dumpsters, food storage lockers and trash can enclosures). (see Product Testing Protocol)
- The “Administrative Approval” process has been discontinued. All products must now undergo testing/evaluation.
- Some fees have increased.
At this time, the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center (GWDC) in West Yellowstone, Montana is the only facility approved for testing products for the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee’s (IGBC) bear-resistant products testing program. Anyone wishing to have a container tested through this program is responsible for having the container(s) delivered to the GWDC and also for arranging to either have containers(s) returned to them at their expense or arranging for GWDC to keep or dispose of the tested product(s). Instructions for submitting a product to be tested are listed below.
Products will be tested on a first-come, first-served basis as time and weather permit. Live-bear testing will be conducted between April 1st and October 31st. Product submitters who are interested in attending the test in person should advise the GWDC in advance so arrangements can be made.
- Current List of IGBC Certified Products
- Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee Bear-Resistant Products TESTING PROTOCOL
- 2017 Fee Schedule for Product Testing
- Bear-Resistant Product Submission Form
- How To Submit A Product for Testing