Arranging to Have a Product Tested
What’s New for 2019?
- Technical Evaluation Protocol has been updated. See pages 11-16 of the Product Testing Protocol (see below).
- Some fees have increased.
- There is a new fee for modification of products that arrive at the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center with sharp or rough edges or loose parts. The fee covers the time for GWDC staff to correct the parts that could be harmful to the test bears. Please refer to the fee schedule for more information.
At this time, the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center (GWDC) in West Yellowstone, Montana is the only facility approved for testing products for the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee’s (IGBC) bear-resistant products testing program. Anyone wishing to have a container tested through this program is responsible for having the container(s) delivered to the GWDC and also for arranging to either have containers(s) returned to them at their expense or arranging for GWDC to keep or dispose of the tested product(s). Instructions for submitting a product to be tested are listed below.
Products will be tested on a first-come, first-served basis as time and weather permit. Live-bear testing will be conducted between April 1 and October 31. Product submitters who are interested in attending the test in person should advise the GWDC in advance so arrangements can be made.
- Download Latest Certified Products List
- Product Testing Protocol
- 2019 Fee Schedule for Product Testing
- Bear-Resistant Product Submission Form
- How To Submit A Product for Testing
- Bear-Resistant Product Field Failure Reporting Form