October 25, 2022
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR FY23 INFORMATION, EDUCATION, AND OUTREACH (IEO) PROJECTS
The IGBC is seeking proposals for grants to partners and agencies to disseminate consistent messages about grizzly bears and to promote effective actions and techniques to increase human safety and decrease the likelihood of bear-human conflicts. The IGBC is anticipating that $42,000 will be available for grants in FY2023; actual project funding will be contingent on agency funding levels. The deadline to apply for 2023 grants has been extended to Nov. 11, 2022. Click the link below for more information on how to apply.
FY23 IEO PROPOSALS
Dates are set for the IGBC’s Fall/Winter meetings (meeting times may change slightly). Visit the News/Events page about two weeks before each meeting to access the final meeting agendas and logistics. Meeting materials will be posted on the committee pages about one week after each meeting. We plan to offer virtual attendance options for all meetings.
- 11/16-17 Yellowstone Ecosystem Subcommittee, Bozeman, MT (afternoon on the 16th, morning of the 17th)
- 11/21 Bitterroot Ecosystem Subcommittee, virtual (Noon-5PM MT)
- 11/28 North Cascades Ecosystem Subcommittee, virtual (Noon-3PM PT)
- 11/29 Selkirk/Cabinet-Yaak Ecosystem Subcommittees, Coeur D’Alene ID (9:30AM-3PM PT)
- 12/1-2 Northern Continental Divide Ecosystem Subcommittee, Missoula, MT (10AM-4:30PM on the 1st, 8AM-Noon on the 2nd)
- 12/6-8 Executive Committee, Bozeman, MT
Click Here For the Latest on IGBC News and Events
The Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee (IGBC) supports recovery and delisting, and ongoing conservation of grizzly bear populations and their habitats in areas of the western United States through interagency coordination of policy, planning, management, research and communication. Grizzly bear conservation is complex and only made possible through partnerships. IGBC members recognize and mutually respect the authorities and mandates of all parties under federal and state law. The IGBC is a cooperative effort of its members, created in 1983.